Friday, October 07, 2005

Autumn

1] What are your favorite autumn foods and beverages?
Well, I've always loved a few of the corner stones of Thanksgiving dinners: turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, & cranberry sauce

2] Do you have any fun things planned for this fall, such as attending an autumn festival, going apple picking, hosting a Halloween party, etc.?
I might actually get to finally attend a Halloween event for the first time in like 10 years. Which would be really cool, since Halloween is, despite never doing anything, my favorite holiday.

3] What has your autumn weather been like so far? Is fall your favorite season? What is your area's autumn weather typically like?
Well, we've had a pretty mild summer aside from a week or two. August seemed unseasonably cool this year. And thus far, fall is a touch cooler than the end of summer, but not cold. And not unseasonably cool. Long sleaves are good, but at the peak of the day t-shirts are alright, so long as you aren't out too early or late, if so, a sweatshirt will do the trick. Usually autumn starts cooling off a bit from summer, although we've had plenty of early Octobers where it still feels like summer. Fall isn't my favorite, I think summer still is, just a bit, but I like all the seasons now.

4] What will you be doing for Thanksgiving this year? Do you usually have a traditional one [turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries], or do you eat out or fix a nontraditional menu on Thanksgiving Day?
No idea what I'll be doing for Thanksgiving. My friends and I have talked about a road trip possibly that week. But if not, then probably what happens most years, my mom or brother will make some turkey cutlets, gravy, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce, possibly a pumpkin pie.

5] Some people start Christmas shopping in October. Do you?
My family doesn't really do Christmas anymore. I will probably send out x-mas ecards like I did last year to my East Coast relatives, but no real shopping to do.


(From Friday Forum)

No comments: